Wednesday, March 28, 2012

LA's Back!

Got the news last night while I was at work that Magic's group had agreed to buy the Dodgers from the Devil - I mean - Frank McCourt....for $2 BILLION! I don't remember what he originally bought the team for, but it definitely was not even close to that number. So I guess he won't be broke anymore...that sucks. It made me happy knowing that Frank McCourt was unhappy. I don't usually think that way, but I bet just about everyone in LA would agree with me.

But the beauty of this whole thing is that we don't have to talk about him, see him, or think about him ever again! LA has regained it's soul with the ownership change. Fans are going to be re-energized (I just bought tickets to opening weekend here in SD), as is the team itself. The players will be proud to be Los Angeles Dodgers again, and play better as a result. Ned "the stache" Colleti will hopefully have some money to spend on bringing in some more talent to help the strong core of established players. All of that will trickle down through the rest of the organization.

I spoke with a Dodgers representative in Business Development a couple weeks ago and he told me that the uncertainty that's plagued the organization has been tough, and that deals were not getting done or being tabled. Now that the ownership situation has been settled, we will start to see more deals going through in every capacity; people will no longer hesitate to do business with the club.

It's an exciting time to be a Dodger fan. I'm not saying I expect them to compete for a pennant right away, but it's a relief knowing that the worst times are behind us and the team is headed in the right direction. Good luck to Magic, Stan Kasten, and the rest of the Dodger organization. Now, is there any way to bring Mike Piazza back?

No comments:

Post a Comment